I have a few things to say.
Firstly I'm still in awe of last night's performance, and I have re-kindled my love my Tchaik's Piano Concerto. But at the same time I feel it quite unfair to keep harping on another piece, when my blog is playing a different one. It's definitely NOT doing Bruch's Scottish Fantasy any favours. It's a great piece too. But well, can't help it. I'm too blown away.
Secondly, about the Chaconne quartet. I'm not pointing fingers, cuz I don't want to blame anybody. But I feel that this whole thing is too rushed, and we youngsters simply cannot rush rehearsals. We lack the charisma, style and skill that professionals have. I quote one particular musician who I overtly admire, "The reason why youth orchestras sound so much better than professional orchestras sometimes, is because the PRACTICE so much."
So you see? Us youths CANNOT run away without practicing. Anyhow I hope we'll pull this off. It at YMS Auditorium, 23rd November, next Wednesday, at 7:30pm. Admission: FREE. Come if you may, I cannot promise an outstanding performance on my part.
Thirdly, I have to constantly remind myself that I have a long long LONG way to go in all areas and so-called "strengths" that I possess. If my strengths are so weak, how useless am I? But I trust that it'll turn out for the better good. Someday.. Maybe. I will live up to what little I'm worth. And in the meantime, I take the left-overs, the things that other people despise. I accept, and I do not complain, cuz you know what? I believe that such lessons in humility will do me much good.
Fourthly, and lastly. Today has been a confusing day. On my part. I am confused with the way I think. Constantly, contrasting thoughts are entering my mind. I cannot be sure of what other people think. So you know what. Since my thoughts are the only things I can control, then control them I will. But I wonder if I will ever be weary of doing so? If one day I just choose to let it all go and let fate and other people decide my future, my life, my heart? It seems scary, but I'll let things take their course, and trust that things will go the right way. It's high time they did, after everything that I've been through.
There's only so much I control. And so much I want to know. Haha. I shall be comforted by the fact that what's meant to be unknown will remain so. What requires knowing will unfold itself for all to see. And that includes my thoughts and the things I feel.
So I wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment