Then let's talk bout after the concert..
Friday
Woke up early in the morning to send my brother off to Tekong. Yes, that is so cool. So now I have TWO whole rooms to myself. And that is absolutely fantastic cuz there're many things I can do now without him coming along and distracting me.. Not that I'm against him or anything.. But the presence of any human being would serve the same bane.
So yep. Went to this bus interchange which I can't remember.. All I know is that its off Pasir Ris. We went there to take a bus which would bring us to the ferry terminal which would bring us to Tekong. So at the interchange this officer mistook me for a recruit and told me to tuck in my shirt. Mom explained to him, and saved me from the humiliation. But my brother wasn't spared though.
Bus was crowded. Had to stand.
Watched kiasu Singaporeans rush to get on and off the bus as if there were no tomorrow. So irritating really. "Hellooo, uncle?! What's the bloody rush?!?!"
So we took the ferry. Dad felt sea sick. The exhaust stank. Left my water bottle on the boat and walked back to take it.
Then at camp we were separated. Family members and recruits. Had a tour around Tekong. The bunks, the recreation facilities, the hawker center, the canteen, the parade squares, obstacle courses. Also had a view of the equipment they'd be using, the rations. Then we had a briefing on what would happen to our dear NS men. Yup. They gave us lunch. Army food. It's not bad really. And quite alot too.
Back at mainland, we went buying groceries, and eating lunch again.. Ate jelly and chendol at Bedok Interchange hawker centre. Nice.
Saturday
Nothing much.. Just stayed home during the day.. Then in the evening went out to esplanade library to borrow DVDs. Got pirates of the carribean and The Eye. Nice movies. Finished off POTC on the day itself and TE last night.
Then we went for dinner.. And then went home.
Sunday
Dragged myself to mass in the afternoon. Sad to say but I've been wasting my darn time. Even one second of my life is precious. So please don't waste it. Wait a minute. Maybe it ain't such a waste after all. Nvm.
Then we went Bugis and ate lunch. Then we went Sim Lim. Looked around at MP3 players. Mom would get me one cuz I aced my physics really really badly. Yep. Fantastic. So we got me the same model as my bro. XDrum. Really cool. At first I wanted another model, but changed my mind in the end. Which is a good thing really, cuz XDrum really rocks.
Went home, dumped our groceries and went grandma's place. Whiled my time away there watching this Tiger Cup match. Then had dinner. By that time it was already 8:05. The church concert started at 8. But heck. So what if I'm late right. So what? Haha. So I walked. The whole darn way. Reached at 8:45. FORTY MINUTES. Wee.
Reached during the intermission. Which is a blessing cuz my late-coming was inconspicuous. Dave and the others were surprised. Haha. Haven't been mixing round with them lately. There're other things that draw me away.. Hahaha.
Yep. So I sat with Dave, Jeremy and Lawrence. Dave was sleeping, and me and Jeremy were cracking jokes at the *ahem* performance. Oh well. I was there for other reasons.. Things that may not take fruit now, but definitely will in the future.
Went for the reception. Talked with friends.. The usual lah. Then got a lift home from Jeremy's mom.
So that was last week folks. I needa go use the toilet now, so we'll talk another day.
HTML sucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment