Recently my days have been a little bit more happening. Hahaha hence there's no everyday post.
Wednesday... Viola lesson. What can I say. Judy was quite happy, really. Also dunno why. I didn't practice much because of the concert but she liked the way I played Schubert, and she told me my Milhaud (just found out its pronounced Mee-oh) was stable! Stable??? I hardly think so myself, though I don't mean to challenge her judgement... I was playing out of tune here there, clumsy left hand, and my bow division isn't that great either. Sigh, more work!! It's tough.
Thursday... Oh my bro took me and my mom out to lunch at this penang restaurant that my mom chose. Was very very full at the end with rendang and curry and all that. Hahaha. Then from Jurong East, took a 66 down to Nanyang High to watch tchs orch once again combining with NY... Guess what, met KaiXuan on the bus! Hahaha. Spent time catching up with each other.
Went to Ny and watched then. I don't feel like analysing anything now because I'm not really free now. But really. Practice more when you have the chance, please. Watch the conductor and count. Intonation, watch it. Please phrase off properly after each ending. Holberg has a few baroque elements in it. Please don't swell at endings.
Besides the mundane things, I have to say that Mr Chan has done a good job with all of you. The shape of the music is there and I'm really inpressed with that.
I wish you luck for your concert. I wish you luck for everything beyond your concert. You know as I think of every one of you, I am constantly reminded by the wonders you created and how you astounded me time and again when you played such fantastic music. The magic didn't just come from the seniors. It came from you. Deep within you when you finally realised and saw the beauty in the music and you felt the fire of passion that drove you to create it. Some of you feel dejected, some of you feel disappointed, and that there's no point in going on, now that things are in a mess. You think that its a hopeless case? Let me tell you, its not. You guys have what it takes to be a great youth orchestra. You need to hang in there and not give up hope. Already the bond between everyone of you is amazing. What has been achieved here is none other like I have seen in all my years in orhcestra playing. Keep that bond strong, and remember, work together. When I say that every player is important, I'm not talking shit. I really mean it. Every player will be, in his right, a leader of the orchestra sooner or later. Everyone has a chance. So you see the importance. It's never too late to begin your training to be the leader that you're destined to be.
Surprise me more, I implore you.
No comments:
Post a Comment