Sunday, January 15, 2006

So now it is once again time to update.

Wednesday was mostly a slack day. There were many many talks. I ponned some and went to listen to some.

During one of the breaks, completed the banner painting in under an hour! Haha, pretty easy job we painted two hands saying "6" and "2" and wrote it in roamn numerals and of course "Athena" was labelled right at the top. Easy job, but it paled really compared to the banner next to ours. It was really good. Anyway.

When the day was over, went to practice our campfire items at the amphitheatre and then went to the tech lab at the high school section to play "I want a fat babe". It wasn't a particularly good rehearsal.

In the end went to strings rehearsal late. Ran through the pieces. And I seriously faked alot alot and totally screwed up Holberg. Hahaha.

THURSDAY

Yet more talks. But I must say that the history of hwa chong one was really informative and quite touching, when they pulled down the school and all that.

Then... SE was screwed up, really.

We "learned" our fac dance. I didn't. I just sat at the back and played with Bing Yuan's phone. Faked dancing when Mr Chua walked around. Haha!

There was a campfire rehearsal that day, but I just stuck around for a while to see things falling into place first, then I left for dinner with Lenny at the 7-11, cup noodles. Then it was off the SNYO rehearsal. Playing crazay pieces like Berlioz and Brahms 2nd which I just faked through, honestly.

FRIDAY

A happening day!!

Was late again in the morning for the 2nd time. Mr Chua saw 5 of us who were late for at least 2 times. Told not to do it again hahaha... He was nice! And everyone really felt guilty after that.

Moving on, we had war games. Well. The field was extremely muddy after all the rain from previous days. It was disgusting. And the mud stank worse than a blue ribbon fart. But anyway apart from the that, and the blazing sun, I had alot of fun socialising. With people from enemy camps. I just walked around, and said, "Hi, give me a bomb to hit Athena." Then I'd walk off with a water bomb back to base, hand in the bomb, then repeat the stunt on another enemy camp. Hahaha!

Then of course I got coated with starch by the councillors even though I didn't breach the barriers. The reason they gave: I was too clean. As if it wasn't enough Lysia and Hannah started coming over and styling my hair with the disgusting starch. Hahaha. Funny.

So the game ended with Apllo winning. Athena didn't do too badly. I think we were probably second. Our water level was really low too. An improvement from previous years, I guess. Cuz seniors were telling us how Athena was always ganged up by the 3 other faculties as well. Haha! So poor thing right.

So then me, Yan Long, Perry, Nigel and Leonard went out of school to eat and bathe at my house. We went Azhar first. Had my usual teh-cino and kambing soup with rice.

Then bathed at the swimming pool. Washed my dirty stuff. Dropped them off outside my house. No key. Heh.

Went back to school.

Rehearsed a bit for the campfire item, faculty judging. Sneaked into LT4 to use. Saw Yan Long, Wan Peng and Min Kai's funny dance for the first time, it was fantastic, stomach-achingly funny!

Then it was showtime, at the audi.

Watched other groups perform for some time. Realised we didn't prepare our flag introduction speech. Leonard chiong-ed one out.

Then it was truly showtime. The flag intro was a flop. Haha, nobody really understood what leonard was trying to say, and he was quite disappointed.

Then our item!! The percussion really sounded impressive this time. Then my turn. I sang like SHIT. Seriously. Forgot lyrics and just screwed everything up. Haha sorry lah. Sigh!

But the 3 guys were GREAT! Nods. Yes they were.

We didn't expect ourselves to win, honestly. But WE DID! It came as a nasty shock as we wanted to go eat with seniors, and our 2nd item (I want a fat babe) wasn't even finalised yet when we were on stage. So we had half an hour to clean it all up. Scrapped the singing part. I couldn't possibly humiliate myself again. For that part, we just gave the show to the 3 musketeers and did stuff like wave our arms at the back. Seniors Janice and Yu Zhong stayed behind with us in the audi to give suggestions, which was really nice of them.

Other wonderful seniors bought us dinner!

So then when we went out I had to do some announcements stuff about things. Then we hung our banner at the central plaza and it was showtime. Haha! The crowd seriously went bonkers at the dance. People were screaming, "Min Kai/Wan Peng/Yan Long, I love you!!" That kinda thing. Hahaha! How fruitful.

Then of course we did our trademark 62-cheer. It goes like this:

62 gimme a 6!

6!

2!

2!

What's that??!!!

62!!

Yep. Short and sweet but it brings about the point.

Then it ended.

We won "best faculty item"!!! So cool! Was really great. Was so unexpected and Mr Chua was so happy.

=)

Had dinner that the seniors procured. It was an asortment of different types of food. I chose the rice with an otah, a fried fish, brinjal. Discarded the damn fish as it was close to inedible, being so rock solid.

Then went back to watching the Campfire. They lit the campfire and shaped the fuel into "Let's Jam!" with a nice guitar at the side. At first the "Let's" part wouldn't light up and we kept cheering until they did. Haha! So funny.

Then the song/dance part!! Everyone started doing choo-choo train things and ran around. We illegally ran onto the 3rd floor and charged across, so that everyone in the central plaza could see us. Was caught by a teacher but he let us off with a little warning! Yay. Then of course I was "dancing" with Huifen. Haha, both of us absolutely didn't know what to do and were laughing at each other like mad. =D But hey, at least I could do Beechwood. She couldn't. Ha!

And campfire ended on a really high and happy note. All 62-ians, current and past alike, gathered at the class bench and started cheering our hearts out. Then they made the 06-ers do some funny dance thing with our hands between our legs and all that. Haha... Then we went off to Waffle Town!

The entire clan os 62-ers crowded onto a 66, a handful of others were on the 170 behind. I remember I was sitting in a damn weird fashion, squatting like that. Haha!

Well we got to waffle town and started off by making sure seniors and juniors were even spaced out. Yep so just chatted throughout till 11plus and caught the last bus home. Oh there was this senior doing magic stuff and he was so damn good and freaky! Haha... Cool. Kern Cheh and Shao Ning were damn intrigued. =P

Yep. That... Was a great day.

People congratulate me on a good win at campfire.. But what I really wanna say is that I didn't do much, honestly. My classmates did.

SATURDAY

Woke up pretty early judging from the fact that I slept at around 2 the previous day? Yep. Practiced.

Then rehearsal. Had to go very early, at like 1:15pm. There was going to be this guest conductor, Theresa Cheung. Anyway, Mr Lim was pissed again at the winds because they didn't play well, and there was such an important person coming.

Anyway then it was time for Theresa, conductor of the American Symphony Orchestra, to conduct us. Well I must say her conducting is really insightful, and gave alot of interesting comments about the piece, right from the beginning, with the dominant 5th instead of a major 3rd and all that. Beautiful. Brahms is beautiful.

I faked. ALOT. Seriously alot. Sigh!

Then I went home. Was dao-ed by Alan on the bus. Idiot. HAha...

Then I went to watch Sun Yan Zi concert! Went there pretty early. It started at 830 instead of 800. Heh. When the music first came on it was so agonizingly blaring, as my seat was like just in front of the speakers. The madly cheering fans with their piercing whistles didn't help much either.

Still I think it was a great performance. Though the Singaporean crowd really is quite dead. Guest performances br F.I.R. and Tanya Chua happened.

Came out with my ears aching.

I don't think I'll go for any pop-concerts ever again. Good thing I didn;t get BSBoy's even though I loved them to bits once.

Not that I'm putting down SYZ, she really was good, but... I'm not cut out for this kinda thing, honestly. Haha.

Gave Donald a lift.

TODAY

It's been more or less another dead day. The usual church going stuff. With my iced tea during lunch.

Then came home, blogged alot.

Went to grandma's house for dinner and tv.

Came back and finished this post.

I shall make a point on a new entry.

No comments: