I love Beethoven's 5th symphony and I'm not afraid to proclaim that.
Why does it wreak so much intensive emotions upon a listener?
I think it's this:
Listen to the strokes of the violins. They're short and crisp. Now THAT is very, very untypical in a motive that is so intense in emotions of wrath, anger, and sadness.
When you're DAMN pissed, you don't lash out at someone in short, sharp bursts. Your rantings go on and on and on, CONTINUOUSLY.
Let me use another analogy: What deals more damage? A tidal wave or rain drops?
Answer is simple, tidal wave. It is like the long strokes of a violin bow, drawing out the emotions. And about the rain drops? Those short and crispy ones, that don't really let out the full intensity of feelings.
And that is why whenever you listen to the 5th, you feel so heavy, like your heart wants to burst out with all the sad and angry things. Because of the RESTRAINT. All emotions kept inside you that you never told anyone, all those things that you wanted to say and to do but never did.
And that's why I think its such a great piece.
But then again I could be wrong. I don't know anything about music anyway, so its best you ignore my rantings. More often than not, they'd be wrong.
But at least for me, that's why I love it. All the things inside...
Nevermind, they're for me and for me ALONE.
Once again this motive and fact of my life has made its point.
It is my FATE. I have accepted it. I do not lament over it any longer. Maybe things will be kinder to me in the future, I do not know, neither do I hope. Hope stinks. It eats even the shit out of you.
It was but another lie, made with the twirl of the hand and a carefree laugh. I remember that smirk. Not that I put the blame on anything, it was just a remark.
Hahaha! Not that they had anything to do with it. I never should have believed in such fairy tales. They are but impossible. That is the sad truth.
Tears don't flow now. Even those are kept from myself. I only laugh. Yes. To laugh in the face of these taxing trials. To do what I'm supposed to do, never mind what I want to. Showing sadness is a weakness that will only be pounced upon.
In the meantime, joy will be found in other things, to keep that smile there, to prevent it from being fake.
And of course I'll find a way to enjoy this loneliness. It's a matter of getting adapted to.
Do enjoy the 5th. All insults made against it will be promptly deleted. Screw the Tagic Overture, it's nothing compared to this titanic work.
No comments:
Post a Comment