Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I hope the scottish works now... Bleah. Its tough work, this. Finding ways to upload.

Anyway.

About my new year escapades... In the evening I went to Ying Liang's place for some new year dinner party thing. There, many many generations of ex-chinese high string orch-ers gathered! Hahaha! And the oldest was Mr Goh. Haha, yep. So we were just talking a lot of nonsense during the thing, eating yummy food. We were talking about some funny thing, something along the lines of 9******2. Hahahaha! Oh my god I can't believe this I still remember the number!! Ok I'd better skip a few digits... There. That's done. Guffaws!!! Snigger snigger.

Then we took photos of all the many generations of people, with Ying Liang's mom as our mascot. Then, the "quan jia fu" or "completed family picture". Heh heh! Had to squeeze tightly for everyone to get in. After, used Ying Liang's comp for a little while then ran out to get a cab to Clementi MRT to meet Andris.

So took a train to City Hall... On the train noticed alot of people staring at her... Weird. Finally got to City Hall. Waited around for one of her friends didn't know which one. Bought my bus pass thingy. Lenard renewed his concession. Got chased away from the entrance by the policeman. It was also so crowded, so we decided to just go esplanade first and wait there in the relative quiteness. RELATIVE. Didn't mean to say that esplanade wasn't all that crowded too.

Used the bathroom, and I walked into the baby diaper room to check it out, after making sure that there was no one in it first, of course. It was quite a nice room really. Nice toilet, sink and there was a comfy cushioned bence with pillows on it! Haha... I guess it wouldn't be so nice when there was a bawling, soiled baby in it though. Shudders.

Anyway soon her friends came. Chee Han and... Kiwi? Kui Wui? Kee Wui? Or something I can't remember I just know "something" Wui. But for convenience's sake, I shall hereby address him as "Kiwi"! =)

We walked around to the bay outside ESPN (hee, my personal acronym for Esplanade). Realised we came late and it was so crowded. So we walked over to Marina Square. Walked around there as well. Wanted to get my Macs Mcflurry but didn't in the end. So we just ambled along. I didn't say much, was just observing the crowds all the time...

Somehow, alone as usual. Just being dao. Just living in my own world.

But nevermind about that. Then 11:30 came and we made our way back to the bay again. There were this bunch of fat malay girls making a nuisance of themselves, spraying aerosols all over the place, hitting hapless by-standers like myself. Hmpf. How extremely unpleasant and irritating. So enough about that anyway. The fireworks came on, cutting short the din coming from a makeshift stage nearby (with extremely out-of-tune of SHE singles, as if that band ever created great music anyway).

What can I say about it. It was fantastic. It lasted so long, had so many climaxes the last one being so awe-inducing... Just really jaw-dropping. Even better than N-day's. I can't describe it. With words, you should have seen for yourself.

And we were lucky we got a good spot too. Just a small portion of the sky obscured by an over-hanging tree.

Definitely the highlight of many days, that.

But after that was hell. It was a mob. The crowds took to the roads, blocking traffic. Car drivers honked repeatedly in exasperation, but no one seemed to care and just crossed whenever they wanted. Some punks even jeered at the police who were giving directions, and disobeyed orders outright. It was a riot, or close to it. Just that there was no fighting, of course.

Walked all the way from esplanade to hill street. Bought some drinks at a Cheers. Waited for a bus for 1 hour plus...

In vain.

In the end ran over all the place, ending up at Plaza Sing. Took a cab home from there.

After that, I shall not update anymore what happened at home when I got there at 3am.

NEW YEAR'S DAY

It was a unhappening, absolutely forgettable day.

Went to church.

Went to grandma's place.

Period.

MONDAY

Viola lesson. Bad lesson. Didn't play all at all well.

So now.. It's orientation. 2 weeks of it. So far there's been all academic talks about subject combinations and stuff. I've been through it twice already back in the high school. Hence it was boring.

Other than the talks, there's been a few ice-breaker's yesterday. Namely, whacko and polar bear. Hahahaha. Reminds me of Baohe's rambo bear back in SO camp 2004. One bear took out a whole village. Hahaha!

Then there was a dance session as well.. At first it was ok.. But when the steps started to get harder, those at the back couldn't see a thing, and I just gave it up trying. Then there were cheers and songs as well.. Can't get the college english song's tune. Its hard. Cheers? Bah.

Today was just a whole string of talks talks talks. I hid at the back of the auditorium and slept on the floor.

After the whole thing was waiting for Lenard's SSP results. He got in the 2nd round, but he didn't go for it in the end. Had lunch at HC's canteen, guess who I saw!! ;)

Yes we saw Jon Low come to crash orientation!! Haha!

And of course.. Other things. =)

Beams. My obsession shall have to be put to sleep soon, when work starts to come by the tonnes. Ah well.

Then we went over to the high-school side to get Lenard's AEP report card. And met up with a few teacher's also.. =) nice people. Somehow you never appreciate them when they're teaching you, but you only do once the year's over.

Ah well. The mysteries in life. Tata. I shall now go explore the mysteries of jogging.

No comments: