Saturday, February 26, 2005

Hey..

Had Cross Country yesterday. Boy, did the organization really suck. Long walk in to Turf City, bought some musli bar thingy for lunch at 7-11. Nobody knew where to go so we just kept walking around in circles.. And there was this killer escalator. Once you went up you can't go down. You have to use the stairs and climb like 5 flights. Someone told us about it already but me, Cheng and Co, decided to have a look at it ourselves. Then we camped at the reception counter overlooking that escalator and watched innocent victims go up. Amid sniggering, of course. Then we saw HC's strings TIC!! She was with child ok, then she was going up.. Tried to go to her to warn her but I didn't make it in time.. She went up!! Dunno what happened to her after that but I sure hop she's alright..

My nice full bottle of Evian water which I bought at Giant was reduced to naught by wonderful classmates and consortium friends when I got to the upper level of the grandstands.. Oh well. Was just sitting around.. Then it was time for us to go for our run, BUT WE DIDN'T KNOW!! Haha! That was funny. Some of us sneaked into an elevator no one had found out about yet. Ha, don't needa use those crowded stairs. Then we started running 5minutes behind everyone. There were even more blur-er kings behind us!! Haha!

So the the whole cross country was more or less a walk.. Everybody was strolling happily along and choking up the road so even those who wanted to run couldn't. We ran most of the way, stopping at choke-points, which were pretty often. Then there was this long stretch where there weren't much obstructions so I just ran and ran then when I turned around I couldn't see Lenard or Nick or anyone else already. So I just walked along until they catched up! Haha..

It was quite fun lah, though there was a lot of sitting around.. Meeting up with seniors and friends. Watching weird people doing funny stuff. Eg running in one nice long row towards the finish point?! And linking hands and walking. Haha.. Then of course making fun at the posers who were wearing earphones during the run. Oh, and how could I forget Dao Teng. You really can't miss him. He is immense. So when I spotted him just in front I shouted, "OI!!! CANNOT LOSE TO DAO TENG!!!" Then everyone around me started running like mad!! Hahahaha!!

So that was yesterday. Bye bye.

No comments: