It's an old story.
..and the Scorpion said the the frog, "Go on, Frog, take me across the pond! I promise I won't sting!"
"No fucking way," the Frog retorted. "You're gonna fucking sting me and kill me."
"No I won't! You'll see! I promise!" said the Scorpion
And so the Frog let the scorpion climb onto his back and began to swim their way across. But half way into the journey, when his feet could not feel the bed any longer, he felt a searing pain on his back.
As the two hapless animals began to sink, the Frog exclaimed quite understandably angrily, "You fucking retard! What did you do that for?! See, now we're both going to die!"
"I'm sorry, but it's my nature."
We can't change who we are. And sometimes, shit really does happen to good people. But, even if given a chance, I wouldn't change anything.
Every sight and scene, every caress of an angel's wing, prancing through the fabric of my mind, leaving her indelible mark. Becoming the history that defines me.
Yes, I am made of my past. I would not have it any other way.
Though the nights get colder and the stars grow dimmer, still I would soldier on.
Why?
I would not know any better otherwise. I may not ever know at all. But all I can do is try. And leave behind the best of me, always.
Always.
I would trust her more than I trust myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment