Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day.

I have something to say. As much as I like to tinge my words with sarcasm and veiled insults, deep inside I know that I will want to be a dad just like you.

I said a little while back that I don't know if I'll ever want to be a father. Will I ever be good enough? As a father you want to give the best to your children, and nothing less. And sometimes I wonder if I could ever live up to those expectations.

But you, on the other hand, have everything to be proud of. If ever I decide to undertake the wonderful yet daunting journey of parenthood I would want to:

1. Always be supportive
2. Always want the best for the kids
3. Not be afraid to stand up for them when they're too weak to do so
4. Always give second chances and have faith
5. Never impose, and let them find their own place in life

Just a short list of what you've done for me. Of course, there's so much more.

Her smell lingers at the back of my head, like a migraine that won't go away. 5 hours is a hell of a long time when all you can think of is sunshine and goldfishes.

No comments: