Saturday, April 30, 2005

Hello. These few days been hectic for me.. Just woke up finally not feeling like there're two-tonne weights hanging on my eyelids.. At least all the studying, the late nights, the pain and suffering.. Its all paid off. But what the hell. I don't know how much of this I can take.. Getting that bloody A takes up SO MUCH of you. Don't really care if I top the class. I just wanna be normal.. Happy. With my friends around me to pull me through with their laughter and smiles.. And really being my gaurdian angel for me when I really really need it? Yeah you know who you are! Chances are you won't even read this. But all the same. Take care and love you loads!

Anyhow. Maybe this is just the push I need to maximise my full potential. Adults throughout my life have been telling me to over and over again.. But can't you see I just wanna be happy and do the things I wanna do in life? All I wanna do is scrape through and nothing else matters.. Haha.. But now.. I guess I wanna do this cuz.. Cuz.. I dunno. Just feels really nice to do well..

Then again maybe I'm just lucky this term lah.

SYF.. What to say? I think we were expecting too much. With all the chanting "Beat RI, thrash RI, get gold with honours".. Hmm. Personally I knew that was never ever going to happen. Just kept silent and watched everyone being overwhelmed by their own fantasies.

Gold? Hmm. I wouldn't say I'm satisfied. But I wouldn't say I'm unhappy about it either. I dunno but there're just so many mixed emotions on the thing.. Yeah it was a relief cuz we played so badly as a whole.. But there was also the knowledge that we could have done much much better. But one thing I'm sure of.. Is that I'm proud of the work we've put in. Especially. My wonderful violas!

Haha.. I bet some of you are sniggering right now and thinking I'm just trying to boast about myself. But hey. I don't mean that ok. As far as I'm concerned I've done a pretty lousy job as section leader always slacking during sectionals, going late for rehearsals, yadda yadda the list goes on. But what I wanna say is that I am so so proud of how my guys have worked so so hard. I'm proud of the way they came together after so many failed attempts and played.. Magic. I don't care what you say but I don't think even RI's viola section could have beaten ours.

They were fantastic. And that goes on to prove that hard work can do anything, no matter how impossible it seems. I'm proud to lead a group of such wonderful young people. Thanks guys, for everything.

Haha.

;)

Chug chug. Enough time wasted here already..

No comments: